Phone number masking is an advanced data protection measure designed to ensure the privacy of both the support agent and the caller. It allows two on-call entities to communicate without disclosing their phone numbers. The purpose of number masking is to ensure the security of customer interactions.
Mobile number masking is commonly used to anonymize communication between several parties while safeguarding their phone numbers. Instead of direct contact between the parties through their actual phone numbers, users are connected through a third-party (proxy) phone number that bridges the call. By masking private phone numbers, you can protect the identity of both businesses and customers.
A Practical Example of How Phone Number Masking Solution Works
1: Driver/Executive gets assigned to a customer
Clicking on the ‘call customer’ button in the app automatically makes a call to Knowlarity’s virtual number.
2: Knowlarity reaches your server
It pings your server with the driver’s/ executive’s details. Your server returns the corresponding customer’s number.
3: Knowlarity dials customer number
It connects the assigned executive to the respective customer.
4:Customer’s number gets anonymized
Customer/passenger numbers are masked from drivers/executives as virtual number acts as a bridge between the parties.
In the following points, we discuss how masked phone numbers facilitate communication.
Through the example of a cab booking, let’s learn more about it.
- It is first necessary to request a ride using the application that hides the rider’s phone number in the request.
- In turn, the rider connects with the driver through the app.
- Therefore, the application (or the software for masking phone numbers) creates a false number that appears to the rider, which is the number that the app (or software) is masking.
- As soon as the call is placed, it goes to the platform that supports the masking of phone numbers and asks for the private number of the driver.
- Upon receiving the call, the platform that masks the phone number of the rider hides the actual number of the rider from the driver.
- It does not matter which party is on call at the time, neither of them will see the numbers until the call ends. As a result, a high degree of privacy is maintained at all times.
Tracking Masked Phone Numbers
All conversations can be recorded, tracked, and analyzed easily. It would not be possible to do this with personal phone numbers. However, by using Knowlarity’s proxy phone numbers, you are able to assess the quality of your agent’s interactions with your customers as well as monitor their performance. As a result, you will be able to gain valuable insights into your customers. As a result, you are also able to identify where the agent has made a mistake in the conversation, or identify areas of improvement, so that you can ensure that each agent is fully prepared to converse with customers whenever necessary. To maximize the chances of word of mouth, repeat purchases, and turning leads into customers, your customer experience should be of the highest quality. With Knowlarity’s platform, you will be able to guide your team to do just that through the use of its tools.
Phone Number Masking Industries
Masked phone numbers are used on Knowlarity platforms to facilitate faster and better communication without compromising privacy. Here are a few examples of industries:
- Cab and bike aggregators
- Ecommerce Platforms
- Food delivery companies
There is no doubt that masked phone numbers can be a blessing in disguise. As a result, businesses are able to communicate with their customers in a swift, soft and satisfactory manner. By utilizing masked phone numbers, you are able to build a dedicated brand image, record calls, and analyze them to come up with an efficient business model. Basically, the phone number masking solution solves one of the most critical problems in the world of customer-agent relationships by negating the need for agents and customers to reveal their personal contact information to one another.